Thread: Sad and scared
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
J50

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
YAY! I made it to the Dr's (or lab's) office and back. At the last minute, Husband said he would be driving me because the traffic was heavy, wanting me to wait to drive until tourist season was over, whenever that is. I said, "Im going to drive, , but you're welcome to come along for the ride". , which he did. Hee....hee... When we got home, Husband commented that the more I practice, the smoother I'll get. I asked him what was erratic about my driving. He said, nothing, except that I'll get smoother. Don't know what that means, but I'm sure my driving was fine. .

So I slayed one of my personal dragons. I wasn't nervous once I got behind the wheel, but the anticipation of driving, even future driving here, still makes me nervous.

Thanks Everyone for the support and encouragement. Because of it, I am on Day 98 and had the confidence to drive. .
Great job Rar!

From a male perspective, your husbands comments lead me to believe he has a little guilt, but great job showing him your independence.

It may also be possible that he is not comfortable with driving, given the traffic and if he is drinking.

Guys aren't always the best in opening up.