View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

Calling all Mayflies; come in, Mayflies...

Too quiet around here, we'd dropped off the front page again, thought I'd better fix that.

I go see my GP today to hear all about my pickled pancreas. I did manage to give up sweets! All I had to do was finally put a battery in my glucometer and check my blood sugar...holy hell...numbers so scary high, I was consulting Dr. Google for advice. I was just below "seek medical treatment," just barely. This was Monday; I instantly purged my home of all things sugar, and re-familiarized myself with keto- and paleo- and started writing down carb intakes again, like I should have done all along...

She may insist on needle insulin, and I'll comply for awhile, but I'm very committed to a low carb lifestyle, which usually drops my weight pretty quickly, so it'll only be temporary; I scared myself straight, just like I did with vodka a year ago. I knew my eating style was insupportable long term, obviously, but I just had to push the limits! (I also finally put batteries in my bathroom scale...the first reading was "one at a time, please!" More motivation.)

Hope everyone is well; check in when you get a few minutes!