Old 04-17-2018, 09:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KatieNoPockets

Originally Posted by steve-in-kville View Post
You didn't say how long he was in rehab (or I missed it).

The biggest thing that helped in my journey, and also helped our marriage, is simply set aside time every day to be alone together. If there are children in the home, this could be difficult. Time alone to talk, for intimacy or simply to be in each others presence. This was a big help in not only my sobriety but our relationship, and we both came to look forward to that time spend together.

I'll throw this out there as a caution: His hormones/body chemistry will be out of wack for some time. He may crave sex like a dog in heat, he may feel nothing or just feel "flat." Give it time to even it out. This almost became an issue between my wife and I!
Only two stinking weeks for rehab - but discharge he will have an outpatient plan too, and Vivitrol, and therapy, and AA.....

Thank you for the advice! I will take it! We do have time alone at the end of the night when the kid is in bed - but we are so tired by then. I am going to propose taking a walk together if nothing else. While he was drinking he was a dog in heat - prior when sober not so much. I hate to admit it but that is the one thing I will miss about his drinking - I am much more of the dog in heat type myself. I can accept the downswing in sex, I will just remind myself of all the BS that comes before and after.