Old 04-16-2018, 01:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Yixi

What people here, before me, have said. If you're constantly replacing other activities with the bottle - as I was too - it takes an effort to start getting up and about again as your AV had told you on so many numerous occasions that other activities weren't as fulfilling. It's a form of self conditioning and it suits that inner voice to keep hammering home that nothing outside of alcohol is as interesting. It's complete bulls**t but it suits anyone with a propensity for drinking to keep believing it until it becomes a self fulfilled prophecy every time you try to break the cycle.

I hear what you're saying about living in a small town. However - if nothing there excites could you try to make your own entertainment? Lost your love of reading? Try different books out of your comfort zone. Learn a new language. A new craft. A walk complete with a sketch pad or camera might be fun. Write a blog or check in on SR. You say that there's nothing to do that you haven't done before. Really? In the whole wide world? If you genuinely can't find anything at all in that small town might it be time to move?

I wish you great happiness going forward and I really hope that you take strength from the fact that you managed to kick the beast into touch for 2 months prior to this. You never know - you may be destined to be an acclaimed writer, photographer, artist and what a pity it would be to waste that staring at an empty bottle. Love to you x