View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ptarmigan

Originally Posted by JoyfulNewMe View Post
Are you married? Do you have children? A partner? Does your drinking affect your relationships with loved ones? Does it ever affect a job? Or dreams? Or goals?

I kinda get when you are saying that you want a drink so you just automatically drink. I mean I do that too. But there is a spot in my mind that speaks to me and tells me that deep down I know it’s wrong. And then there’s another part of me that says I know it’s wrong but I’m still going to do it because that’s what I want to do.

I could sit down and write an essay on the internal bad thoughts of drinking vs the Im going to drink anyways F it thoughts. They actually go pretty deep.

Do you get hangovers? Do you ever feel any guilt about drinking?

Besides getting physically dependent on alcohol I’m pretty sure the rest had to do with our minds. Maybe you need to get in touch with what your mind says to you? The chatter that goes on in your head that tells you things? Do you get that chatter related to other things in your life? The questions I’m asking above are some of the good vs. bad chatter comes up for me. Hope that makes sense.
I love this post. Joyful, you've expressed it better than I could about the part of you that just needs to drink. You know it's wrong, but then you do it anyway.
What's also interesting is about the chatter in the head. We think that's what we all share. When you're asking how it relates to other things, what do you mean? Are you kind of thinking about being a personality type? I'd really like you to come back and explain a bit more.

Also to add on in answer to your questions, I live on my own now, so no responsibilities to anyone else. I have my own home but work as little as I can.