Old 04-08-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Buckley3

I know the only way to never have this happen again is to not drink again......I 'm not an alcoholic, but I guess when you can't control the drinking, you pretty much are.
You want the mess to go away. But do you want to quit drinking? It'll be an important question to answer. For now it doesn't matter if you think you're alcoholic or not. My guess is you don't really know what it is unless you've read the first few chapters of AA's big book. Sure, there's the social presumption of what it is - I believed in that too a long time ago. I was wrong and it cost me. I had no idea what alcoholism was. Worse - I thought I did.

Good on you for seeing the damage it's doing. Trust yourself and take action on those feelings. People lose decades or more of their lives running around the same old hamster wheel. Be willing to cut loose any and all toxic influences in your life if they don't want to be part of the constructive you that you said you want to be.

This thing is about honesty and priorities. They aren't easy, but then, being sober freaking rocks so it's worth it. And beyond the not drinking the self-discovery is crazy powerful. You can have that if you want it. I mean, really, what's the downside to not drinking? Ask yourself that. Get deeper than the surface level b.s.. Waking up with bloody hands from a blackout is kinda serious.

Lots of support & resources to educate yourself with here.

Best-

B