Thread: Boundaries
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lyssy

I have been going through a very stressful situation at work (layoffs, lots of management changes, lots of procedural changes). My anxiety has been through the roof with worry and fretting for about two weeks now.

I wanted to share this because I feel it "fits" here.

I received this email (I subscribe to it) two days ago. I usually read the daily devotional and then delete it but this one I kept and I have read it several times a day since.

It is religious based but if that isn't your cup 'o tea, just switch it to you "higher power"

How Not to Fear Bad News
April 4
He will not fear evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
-Psalm 112:7

The Psalmist was not afraid of bad news because his heart was “fixed.” Bad news in the electronic media age is like the sudden storm at sea. Billowy clouds dressing the morning in lacy loveliness suddenly become heavy shrouds cloaking the sky in gray death. Gentle breezes shift into howling wraiths. Seas calm as a swan’s back mutate into the serrated jags of a dinosaur’s spine.

If you trust in the Lord the storm won’t capsize you. “Steadfast” means to be upright. God is like the great rocks off the California and Oregon coasts. The waves bash against them, but they are unmoved. When you trust in God, you are anchoring yourself to His stability. In fact, in the Hebrew original language, the word for “trust” means to scamper to God for refuge. When the tides of bad news crash in, run to the Rock!

TODAY’S HEART FOCUS
Confess to your Heavenly Father the anxieties of your heart, the things you dread. Willingly turn over these things to His loving heart and capable care.