Old 04-06-2018, 11:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
PlantsVorganic514

Originally Posted by SoManyQuestions View Post
Cvicioso, when you say "something isn't clicking" it could be that your ex is being advised by her sponsor to block you and cut contact. I had a strong feeling when my ABF said he needed to take a break from the relationship, but didn't want to, that someone else was advising him. When I asked him to clarify if it was a "break" or a "break up", he said "what I said first" almost as if he had just been parroting what he was told to say. In any case, I had to accept that he was doing what he needed to do to deal with his alcoholism.

I didn't understand why he had to cut me out of his life so abruptly and so completely. I, too, felt like a "pariah"...like I was some kind of terrible influence, a trigger for his drinking, someone to be avoided at all costs. This was incredibly hurtful, since I also had been only kind and caring in the relationship. I wasn't even displaying codependent behaviors during the relationship; it was only when the break occurred that all my latent codependency came rushing back.

More than seven months later I still think of him every day, and I still hope that we can reconnect at some point (maybe just as friends), but essentially the outcome is out of my control. Let the other people in your life remind you that you are a good, caring person who is not to blame for this turn of events. The pain will lessen, but it takes time.
I’m sorry you too have experienced something similar. The point about her sponsor makes sense I hadn’t considered that. My question around though, doesn’t the 10th step require one take a daily inventory of their wrongs and then make amends wherever possible. I can’t imagine that treating someone with such cruelty and unkindness wouldnt fall under the 10th step category and come with amends. To the poster mentioned my letting her go, I am. It feels deeply painful, but I am letting her go. I am just perplexed and hoping that one day I will receive an explanation.

During our breakup when I asked if it was forever she told me she couldn’t look that far into the future. She said she had to take things one day at a time and needed distance and time away, but has then proceeded to take aggressive action. Just doesn’t make sense.