Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Overall it sounds like she took you for a merry go round with her moods and affection going up and down.

You wrote this:

As our relationship reached its end her work life was becoming More stressful, she found herself facing difficulties in her fellowship group. She began smoking cigarettes again (an old habit of her from active addiction) and hiding that from me. Her moods swang from her telling me she was madly in love with me to her not speaking to me for days on end. She insisted we book a trip to Mexico City for our anniversary and we did and were both so excited.

Our last interaction was her accusing me of being manipulative on unfounded grounds and subsequently halting all contact for a few days and then asking me to spend time with her to reconnect. At this point I found myself at a loss to what or where her behavior was coming from. Upon my meeting up with her to reconnect she told me she loved me dearly and asked for physical affection and then she broke up with me. Her explanation was that our relationship was preventing her from taking care of herself and building a connection with her higher power. Our entire relationship revolved around her sobriety!! And her needs!!

The problem may not be that she has relapsed on alcohol, but that she has never actually become a healthy, well adjusted person who is able to function independently. It looks like she is turning to things for support which is keeping her afloat, but she hasn't been growing emotionally. (Is it possible she has other mental issues going on also, just reading parts made me think of a manic behavior)

I think you deserve much more than this. An equal partner. A relationship based on Interdependence - healthy and fulfilling.

You deserve to have your things from the apartment also. Depending on what you have there, it might be best to follow up with this by getting some legal advice.