Old 04-04-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

He says that he wants a “reboot” to try drinking again now that he is in a “more clear mind”. He says this is something he feels he needs to do. Quote from his email: “I need to know if changing my thought process, beliefs and being honest with myself will make a difference. I know this will be difficult for you and I have wanted to talk about this, but I dread hurting you. I need you to know that I am being honest with myself, I need to see if I can do this and if it resembles what we’ve gone through before, I will know that I can’t. Simple as that! I don’t want to live like we have over the past year, I want to have a normal, happy life with you and I believe we can.” He also includes a bunch of excuses for why his drinking got as bad as it did (religious upbringing, social anxiety, etc)

Yes quack, quack, quack.....same as all the bs my exah came out with when he had cut back a bit ( not stopped despite him saying he had) and wanted to resume normal drinking sessions without "rocking the boat." He'd asked my "permission" to deflect the responsibility from himself and also to be able to say well you never said not too. ( that is cos I didn't care what he did by this time as long as I could feed the kids and pay the bills) Or he's say he deserved"a little drink" cos he had done such and such and it would be unreasonable of me to stop him enjoying himself. Then it was back to it the same as before only moreso. His other classic was saying he'd stop after the weekend. Everyday was a weekend for him. He never, ever stopped.