Old 04-04-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sailorgirl57

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
That email would really p*ss me off! Like, any response you give lowers things to a level where you are either approving or disapproving....it is so manipulative.

I loved this article. It's up to date research on the alcoholic thinking/poor recovery participation that leads to drinking again.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4553654/

I learned a lot from it and can see these behaviors so clearly in my A bros as they slide along in a weak recovery pattern just long enough to keep their codependent women fooled and then they resume drinking and it is instantly worse than before.

But if he wants to do "further research" that's his choice and his alone. I'd keep him away from the children; what you saw before is what you'll see again. And what they/we never know is if will they be able to pull out of the inevitable flaming tailspin before they crash and burn this time. Let go or be dragged.

Peace,
B.
This article you linked. Wow. I read it, substituting “addicted to alcoholic abusive men,” and could see very clearly what my path of recovery needs to look like. Thank you for sharing, B. I think that article should be a sticky.