Thread: My turn.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
tabata

Wow so almost 5 months since I last posted, where has the time gone? So much has happened. My professional friend got caught sexting and basically sent off to AA to turn his life around. I think he is off the leaf but still drinks a little, I wish him luck and am available if he needs support. We vacationed together and he asked me a bunch of questions about being sober. Said he can't imagine a time where he can't have a couple of drinks now and then or at a party. I basically said I do it all the time and it's just not a big deal.

My best friend has taken up with a girl half his age who is a big smoker, so he is back in the game/fight, whatever you want to call it. He told me they took a road trip and she was just pounding the pipe and it disgusted him.

As for me, still going strong, thoughts of it are less and less, probably a couple of times I wanted to or thought seriously about it but I let those thoughts pass.

I'm so happy being sober and not having an illegal drug or alcohol have control over me. I don't talk about it too much, not much people know how much sobriety means to me. But some of you here know: IT MEANS EVERYTHING