Thread: Brand New here
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
34Blue

Brand New here

Saying hi. Been drinking between 1 and 2 pints of vodka a night. Started out as 1 pint about 11 years ago to ease anxiety and help sleep, and, has worked it's way to 1 up to at least 2, especially after a recent car accident. No DUI, no injuries, but needed a new car.

I got laid off from my job because I wasn't showing up some days due to depression, and didn't have the high energy attitude I used to have. Then, I started day drinking which made it worse. After scaring my significant other and his mother, I finally decided to call a doctor. They were booked out 10 days in advance. Called psychiatrist, she referred me to a detox. Made me promise to visit the hospital that day. I did, and they addmitted me to detox. I've been here 48 hours and I feel great. They've been giving me anti-anxiety meds and have help me relax. Family has been mixed, most have been supportive, some of them scared. I reached out to a friend of mine whose partner has been sober 28 years, he had no idea I had a problem, but it's more than happy to help. Today is day 3. Thankfully no bad shakes, and I have some great support to look forward to. My significant other first accuse me lying the first 6 years of our relationship. My friend reassures him it's not intentional and that I did not mean to do it. Hoping things will get better from here. I'm hoping to be able to get out to at least spend Easter with my family. They don't know what I've been through yet, and I'm not sure I'm ready to say. Over the past several years, I was never a social drinker. I didn't drink at bowling leagues. I didn't drink at family events. I only drank it home to help with sleep. I drank in my significant other's house in secret, so that I could sleep over. He's ashamed of that, and considers it lying to him. Thankfully, our friend is reassuring him it's not my fault. And that I'm working on it.

I look forward to all the support I can find on here and look forward to posting when I'm not busy drinking, which I hope will be never again. I've read on here a lot about people stories over the past few months, now it's time to make my own story. Look forward to hearing from you.

34Blue