Thread: Unsure
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jake93

Unsure

Hi,

I don't really know if this is the appropriate place to write this.. so I apologise if not.

Basically I started uni, everyone drank it was all good fun. I was the idiot who got too drunk and did stupid stuff, I thought it was just funny. Fastforward two years and I still can't just have one drink, it's to excess any time I do. I say to myself oh I don't have a problem but there are days where the thought of drinking hits me and it's such an overwhelming thought that I end up just drinking.

The reason why I am here is because there has been a few times where I have gotten drunk alone.. (probably a warning sign), and I have acted in ways completely different from who I am. For example (I am very introverted), I drank and had apparently commented I was suicidal so my friend took me to the emergency room at a hospital and I became incredibly paranoid and was shouting at people because they were staring at me. A lot of the time I don't really remember what happens when I drink, just that people either find me funny (early uni) or are annoyed..

Does it sound like I am an alcoholic? or at least on the way there? This is probably so naive.. sorry.
Jake