Old 03-27-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I know an occasional coke snorter can quickly become a problem, yet I never have met some one who loves me and is patient as he is.We have 99% of things in common and get along so well. I honestly cant see my life without him.
So, you're 25 years old. You have a long and (hopefully) healthy life ahead of you. And this is the man you want to hitch your wagon to?

I get it. You love him. And when we love someone, we want and tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Of course you can't imagine a life without him. But may I suggest the reason you can't imagine a life without him is due to a lack of imagination.

A lot of things could happen, after all. His occasional use could rapidly evolve into regular use. Regular use increases the risk of an overdose. And then what? Or maybe he tires of you hounding him to quit and he gives you the boot.

I'm not in a position to tell you what to do. But what I can tell you without reservation is a good life, perhaps better life, without an addict is possible. I've lived it. Search my posts starting from January 2012. Then check out my posts starting in May 2013...then January 2016...then December 2016...then last September.

Anything is possible. Don't limit yourself or the possibilities. Do what you think is right.