View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
decchemist

Just been to see Lara Croft. Good film.

In the row behind me there were about 10 boys, all around about 10 years old and they were talking a lot throughout the film. Their parents were doing nothing about this. About half way through I turned around and said VERY CALMLY (breaking British protocol you understand) "Would you lot be quiet please?" Well they were for a while and then were whispering and then towards the end they were talking again. This whole thing annoyed me but not as much as it would have in the past.

I'm not a religious person but since finding recovery and being made aware of the Serenity prayer I try to go about my daily life with reference to that prayer. If someone says something nasty to me, or annoys me (accept the things I cannot change i.e. the other person) I make it a conscious decision not to dwell on it or get upset. This is because I am in control of my emotions and therefore I can choose not to feel bad (courage to change the things I can). You can bet the person who was rude to me or whatever does not feel bad. It's hard to do but it is getting easier.