View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Horn,

I relate. My wife seems to lose her intimacy if I don't keep at it. She, women (?), is/are wired differently.

I am pretty blunt about it..hey honey...I need some intimacy. This includes talking hugging, kisses, etc etc. If she resists, as she does sometimes, I say...this makes all our other problems worse. I lead into this whole thing with more hugs and tickles. It is king of a ritual. We have been together 20 years.

I am sort of selfish though, because once I get my fix, I am good for a couple of weeks or so. After that I get in a funk about it.

It is primal I figure. My wife will lurk around me and say key words that tells me she is interested in intimacy.

Often times, we are both tired from work and life. Plus, I take Lisinopril for high BP, which doesn't help my drive or my emotional state.

She has tons of stress as well from this and that.

So that is my point of view. I don't give advice anymore.

About the drinking thing, 6 days clean was like a blip for me. I didn't really start freaking out until I was 80 days clean. That is when I realized I was in a serious battle to stay clean.

My personal hell is just now fully lifting. But, as any addict, I start to think I can drink again.

Never again.

Thanks.