View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Hey gang!
Just settling in for a little browse of SR before I turn in for the night. Yes we're quiet again. I have messaged Elke a few times now but alas no reply. Lots of love to you Elke darling and anyone else who may be just popping by for a little lurk......Sim, Ben, Tootesdad, CountryGal, Lonelywombat, Eagle.... I just hope you are all safe and well
Gosh life is busy right now! It comes in waves but right now we are at the crest of a big one! Easter break starts in a few days and the girls are going on holiday with their dad on 4th April which is also Hannah's 16th birthday. 16!!!!!!!!!!! Eek! She is also studying for her GCSEs which start mid May so we have a lot of things on. I've just been out and bought all of the things she needs for her food exam on Tuesday. The theme is Mediterranean food and she has to cook 3 dishes so it is going to be:
Spanish omelette with a Greek salad and home made dressing
Greek chicken kebabs with lemon and pomegranate cous cous
Almond and lemon cheesecake
Sounds yummy yes?
She is starting to blossom into a wonderful young lady. I can see it before my very eyes. Of course it is all tinged with a little sadness (if I am being brutally honest) because I can see how independent she is becoming and the day will come when she leaves the nest. So I have to grab every moment she wants to spend with me. They are rare of course - she is a teenager!
We are off out tomorrow to go......gulp...... PROM DRESS SHOPPING!!!!!! Yes you pesky Americans have brought another very expensive tradition across the Atlantic! I will need to have a talk with myself before we go. Stay calm and it's her decision!
Goodnight Mayflies and have a lovely weekend. I shall report back on the shopping tomorrow when I am back xxxxxxxxxxxxx