Old 03-24-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hechosedrugs

Ah, the old "I don't like having to follow rules, it makes me want to rebel" line. Funny, somehow I think if the rule was "You must do coke" he wouldn't rebel against it one bit.

He wants to use coke, so he's going to use coke.

So you need to make the decision:

Are you okay with losing everything you own and more? Many (and I'd venture to say most) who've stayed ended up in massive debt (I know I did. I was told by a bankruptcy attorney: "You owe more than you're worth".

Are you prepared to go to jail? It's a very real possibility, having coke around (and of course, any illegal activity that goes along with it).

Are you okay with him sleeping around with loose women, and possibly infecting you with a lifelong disease? Coke causes sexual deviance. Cheating is the norm, not cheating is VERY rare.

If you answered yes to any of these questions, I'd strongly encourage you to examine your heart to determine WHY. Why are you okay with this? Too many Disney movies in your childhood? Too little self esteem? What makes you think you should settle for any of this? Not trying to be harsh, because I was once in your shoes. I'm still trying to figure out the WHY for myself. Celebrate Recovery has helped me immensely. Others have found help in CODA or NARANON. Whether you choose to stay or go, I highly recommend starting a program of your own.

Many blessings.