Old 03-23-2018, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NAbaby

Just found out my boyfriend is an "occasional" coke snorter. Need advice.

To start off I want to tell you a little about myself, not my life story but some things that I feel are important. I grew up in a bad neighborhood in California from before I could walk till I was around 9 I spend a lot of time in AA meetings. She worked as a counselor and and manager, had been going to NA and AA since before I was born and has done every drug you can think of. because of this she has always told me a lot of the experiences she had on those drugs and the effects it had on her and her friends. We moved to Washington to get away from all that though. when I was 22 I met the first love of my life. he took my virginity and was my everything, but we broke up and ended up just being friends with benefits. after almost a year and a half of still acting like a couple we knew just being friends isn't working so we got back together. I'm now 25 and i'm still with him. I knew in his past he did some drugs and that he does coke sometimes but very rarely, we started talking about moving in together one day and started saving up so we can make that happen. now its close to move out day and he just told me that for three months he had been snorting coke 1-2 times a month for the last 3 months, only small amounts.but it took him that long to get up the courage to tell me. He said he did a lot of research and found that it isn't as bad as i think and i tried to ask if we can make a rule that he doesn't bring it into the house if we live together. he said he doesn't like setting rules and it just makes him want to rebel. He even said " I really like coke its fun, especially when drinking" our feeling for each other has kind of dwindled before he told me this (yet we have been trying to make it work) i'm having issues with these developments. I know an occasional coke snorter can quickly become a problem, yet I never have met some one who loves me and is patient as he is.We have 99% of things in common and get along so well. I honestly cant see my life without him. but this can make me loose everything. what should I do?