View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Aeryn

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
ca494......have you considered freezing your eggs? Right this moment, you probably have some left. Then, down the road, when you are more ready, you could, perhaps, have a child with a stable father........
ca494 just to give you some perspective you are not too old for kids! I had my daughter post alcoholic husband in my EARLY 40s (eek I'm old) December 15th! I did it via a sperm donor and a fertility clinic (and frozen embryos and a surrogate)....I spent my entire inheritance on it but best decision I ever made. So if you want a child there are ways....and in my case no man needed. It's not that I don't ever want a relationship again it's just a child was a priority over a relationship....and financially and emotionally (now that my AH is an XRAH) and I knew I could do it. Is it hard? Yes...but the best decision of my life. We women have options now.

So talk to that fertility doctor alone without the A if you really want to....that would be my advice. What you'll find is risk wise frozen embryos are more viable than frozen eggs...sorry to be scientific but those are the facts...so if you want it it CAN be done. But I would highly recommend getting medical advice and choosing the best option for you (for me I wanted the best shot at it which involved frozen embryos rather than eggs).

It took me 3 years to have my daughter due to cancer, leaving my XRAH, malpractice (yes the doctor that fixed my cancer did malpratice on me and I had to have surgery to fix it!), a failed embryo transplant and finally a surrogate helped me have my wonderful daughter...the love and joy of my life. I never gave up or lost hope.

If you're interested look up my past threads.

My point is...if you want it bad enough there are ways...once I had my A out of my life I was free to become me and do what I wanted...which was my beautiful daughter. So no it's not your last chance..... not by a long shot!

Oh and PS...and this is just my situation but had I not left by XA I would not have my daughter...it was so hard to leave him and at the time I thought my life was just over...but it wasn't...quite the opposite it was just beginning....once I made it through the dark part things lit up for the first time.