View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Ugh Sasha. I suppose there is a glimmer in the idea that the situation is progressing and thus should be coming out the other end at some point.

I'm not sure if this made sense. Big hug to you.
Yes, that's kind of the only positive I can see in this situation - the worse ex gets, the more evidence I have for legal measures to get him out of my life. (His friend just forwarded me an email in which ex says outright "yes, I was delusional and suicidal, but it was really just a stomach bug and I'm fine now").

And the other positive is Kid saying she doesn't want to see her father. I absolutely did not encourage or prompt her to arrive at this point - I have facilitated visits with her father for a year and a half, probably much longer than I should have, and have waited for Kid to figure things out on her own, while worrying about whether she would ever do so. It appears that that may have been the right strategy. She says she feels really bad about disappointing her father and what if that makes him drink more? I told her that the most important thing for her to do is to take care of herself, and that other people's feelings (and drinking/not drinking) are not as important as looking after herself. Thanks, Al-Anon!