View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sasha1972

... and some bad news

A couple of days ago, I posted that I had obtained a court order for primary residence and child support against alcoholic ex, legalizing and securing the status quo that has existed since he melted down 18 months ago. Now comes the backlash.

One of ex's friends contacted me yesterday morning to say that ex had been taken to the psych ER by police after threatening suicide with knives (and sending a lot of drunk and delusional texts). I communicated with a couple of his friends, they weren't aware that he had had this court order made against him the preceding day but both said they thought this was the likely catalyst for this crisis.

Ex also texted me, explaining how an "intestinal virus" had "affected his medication" so that he was hallucinating, but he really wasn't suicidal or dangerous. His girlfriend was just overreacting to the knives when she called the cops, and some "highly qualified" psychiatrists in the ER had confirmed that he was just fine, nothing to see here folks. (In a line that should go in some "morbid quackers" thread, he told me he wasn't actually suicidal, he just thought he might be suicidal because of his meds which convinced him he should commit suicide. But he wasn't really going to. If you can figure that one out, let me know).

He wanted to see Kid so he could "explain" his hospitalization. I said only if I'm present and it's in a public place, and we set a time to meet.

Two hours before the meeting time, Kid told me she did not want to see her father and that he "creeped her out". She did not want to know anything about his hospitalization (the most recent of many). This is a first - Kid has never shown any reluctance or disinclination to see him. This is the first time she has set any sort of boundary. I said all right, I will hear whatever your father has to say and you don't have to come. Ex threw a fit on text and voicemail. He did not show for the meeting.

So tomorrow - call lawyer, find out about restraining orders.

I will keep you all posted.