View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 12:07 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

So, today we celebrate that fateful day long ago when Saint Patrick stumbled out of the pub, saw his shadow, and went back inside, so now it's almost Irish Spring...or something. And so we drink green things in remembrance; acceptable SR green things may include green tea, green kale smoothies...hmm...avoid green beer, an American favorite; and I'd stay away from green milk, as well, but that's just me.

Speaking of Spring: current temperature at 2:59 a.m. in downtown Caribou Falls (a pretend name) is a balmy -7 C (a real temp.) They say it will make it to 0 today; I remain unconvinced as I huddle beneath my lap blanket...

Today I'm buying myself a massage! I'm not sure I've ever had a proper, professional one of those, so it seemed high time I did.

I'm still waiting for my "pancreas scan" to be scheduled...as I fuss and worry and make impatient phone calls, it occurs to me that I'm waiting for an expensive medical test to tell me that I should lay off the sweets [smacks self in head.] I'll show them: I'll change my diet before they look at my innards! Especially since I've totally blown off the smoking cessation plans for today...the least I can do is quit the sugar.

Blah, blah, same old song and dance! A happy and healthy weekend to anyone reading