Old 03-15-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Chucktown.....We.l.ll.....actually, you would know better than me...because I don't know what takes place between your and your wife....specifically...
Some typical things would be....like making it more comfortable for her to drink....doing things for her, that she could and should be doing for herself....making excuses for her...or not holding her accountable for her actions...or, maybe, allowing her to blame you for all of the problems in the marriage and as a reason for her drinking (accepting it, in your own mind)....or, turning a blind eye to the damage that it might be doing to the children....or, maybe, doing more than your fair share of the "work" of holding a family together....or, maybe, stuffing your feelings or walking around on eggshells, with her....

I think, as you read the articles and also, the book "CO-Dependent No More"....these possible things will become clearer to you....as well as in CODA....

I hope that this helps...
I think some other posters will come along, and be able to flush this out better than I can.....