View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
IMO - if you leave the alcoholism stupid chit to the side (drinking while driving, etc.) - she's actually a pretty good mother most of the time. But it's the drinking that has caused conflicts and unacceptable parent behaviors with the oldest child (who, I've written before, has moved in with relatives).

Her line in not facing the drinking is to play the "martyr" - but I do this and this and this and this for everyone. That plays into: how could this house possibly function without her so who has time to get sober.
I've been AWOL for the last week or so - swamped at work, and in pain all the rest of the time - but enough about me. I saw this post and felt the need to comment:

Are you married to Mrs. COD as well? My AW is a good mom...... until she starts drinking, then she just gets stupid and has no idea what's going on. The house could probably burn down around her and she wouldn't know - because she's passed out on the kitchen island. Definition of island: an immovable object in the center of the kitchen used for preparing food, also has stools near it for sitting and eating, etc. Sorry - had to define that based on my previous posts. I've told Alkie that being a parent is a gift and a blessing - it's also a 24/7/365 endeavour, not to be taken lightly. My Alkie is a 13/7/365 parent - well short of what I consider the minimum. I feel for you.

Also, AW also has the martyr streak in her as well - all she does is cook and clean and this and that, and that and this. It gets really OLD. What's interesting is that in the past 8 years, she has had several medical conditions (other than booze) that have made her unable to do much of anything around the house - totally about a year's time. Amazingly, the kid was fed, the dishes NEVER piled up, the vacuuming and the dusting and laundry were all done - to the point of being 'visitor-ready' at all times. Yet, she's "always done everything around the house". Yeah, we get you. It's all quacking.