View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jake

Angry I am bitter and misguided

This is my first post.
My wife is an alcoholic. I think I've become addicted to being angry. When I see a six pack, I see red. Last night, I went to bed to be awaken at midnight by a dream that Satan himself was calling me on my cell phone. I could tell it was Satan because the caller ID read 666-6666.
I woke up, heart racing, felt like something was wrong. I went downstairs and found my wife swilling a sixer of tall-boys. I lost it. I went to the fridge and grabbed the remaining beers and started started ripping them open dumping them down the sink. Then the yelling started, and throwing the cans across the kitchen. I know it does no good, but I do it anyway. I yelled hard for a good ten minutes, then sat on the couch in silence, regretting my actions, apologizing for my rage.
The missus instantly began dismissing the severity."It's only a six-pack." "I'll call the treatment center first thing in the morning." etc...
After some decent discussion and proclamations of love and support, I went back to bed to a sleep riddled with nightmares.
My love never went sleep at all. She stayed up all night finishing her bruised beers and chain-smoking.
When I went home for my lunch break, she was dead asleep on the couch. The anger set in immediately.
So I am seriously losing it. Im probably doing more harm than good for my wife, and I keep on trying to understand something I have no clue about.
I got some info on some local Al-anon meetings, and I am going to my first one on Sunday night.
Anyone have any ideas how I can save my wife the sufferage of my vicious wrath, and save myself the frusteration of being powerless to help her create a change?