Old 03-10-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dutchy36

I also have friends that said I should leave or should have left.....it's not that easy. Easy when viewing the situation from the outside but not when you are in it.

I feel life is much more of a rollercoaster mainly because of sobriety and the different emotions I get thrown at me by my husband. I am scares to talk about serious things as it seems he can't handle them and we end up arguing but is that arguing because deep down he does still care and is scared to rebuild his life? He knows what he has done and is ashamed and feels self loathing and somehow doesn't know where to start or are we arguing because he doesn't want or can deal with some issues and pushes them away? Or does he just not care?

I was told by my therapist I analyse and work out situations really quickly which is good for survival but not for recovery and I need to give myself more time aswell and I can use our daughter just having started school as an excuse to give myself more time, there is still that one big nagging thing which I want to give myself so badly because it makes me so happy but won't be able to if I give myself more time to recover.

It's amazing how alcohol can change a marriage from one entity into two entities who don't seem to know each other at all.