Old 03-10-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
OpheliaKatz
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Originally Posted by Mandy05 View Post
His family are tumultuous people. They pick on significant others. They tortured me so badly I changed my number when I was with him because their toxicity and hatred for me was disgusting. I didn't do anything to these people.

Because I made sure he wasn't homeless when his family didn't care where he would be. His mother had 3 extra guest rooms and he couldn't stay at her house, so I let him live with me in my crammed 1 bedroom apartment. His family didn't care about him, and I WAS THE ONE WHO TALKED HIM INTO THE REHAB AND THE HALFWAY HOUSE! Yeah no thanks to me. I'm just a piece of s** in their eyes because I didn't want to be apart of their chaos.
I'm going to suggest something that might make things clearer for you (or not, take what you need and leave the rest). But after I suggest this, I would stop thinking about his motivations, what he is or is not doing, and focus on you because the more you think about him and his family, the more stuck you will become. Here's my suggestion: his family have histories of marrying addicts, which is why they have toxic relationships with each other; they have tried to get him into rehab and have offered him a room, and because he doesn't want to be in rehab, he says they don't offer him a room. He triangulated you all as a divide and conquer strategy because this drama distracts from what he is really doing. Because of his actions, his family thinks that you are the problem because, after all, he was staying with you and still doing what he was doing. He is their precious Mark, after all. His issues can't be his fault! If they had a history of making him accountable for anything, he would have learned accountability.

That is just a suggestion. I don't know this Mark from a bar of soap (although it's likely that neither does he).

My ex's family hates me because they were looking for someone else to blame for his addiction, when in fact his addiction preceded me by eleven years!!! If they had a history of making my ex accountable for anything, he would have learned accountability. So... 1) he's not homeless and never was... and if he is or was, he put himself there. Keep your head up and keep walking. 2) He will not and can not ever give you what you "deserve" (people don't get into relationships to give their partners what they "deserve"... yuck). 3) When you hear his voice on the phone, scream "arrruuuggghhh!!!" and quickly hang up.