Old 03-06-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
milly4me

athomeuk - I love that you signed up for a 10K. That is awesome. I'm considering signing up for a 5K WALK.

So guys, here's my catchup. 53 days today. Crazy.

But also 5 days on a really restricted diet for G.I. issues. I've been missing the carbs and sugars more than the alcohol these days.

Still going to too many parties/events that have alcohol, but luckily still haven't been really tempted.

On Saturday I hubby and I attended a costume murder mystery party. The booze was flowing and everyone was having a good time. I had a prop that was a martini glass with olives and a lemon twist that I filled with water. It was all fine. It bothered me more that I couldn't eat the olives than I couldn't use real booze. The host did mention that I seemed quieter than normal. Drunk me is LOUD.

Sunday, I had to pass on a gala event that I was already signed up for because it was a preset, sold out, fancy dinner thing and I can't eat anything. My sister took my place and raved about how good the food and drinks were. She doesn't drink, but she tasted some of the pairings that my hubby had and thought they were amazing. I'm glad I didn't go. Some of the drinks sounded too good.

Last night, I finally joined a book club that I've been meaning to join. It's actually a group my dear friend who recently passed formed. She's been after me for years to join it. I decided I would in her honor. It's a small group ( about 16 ladies) and I know about four of them. I was running a little late and when I arrived everyone had a glass of wine in front of them, including the empty chair they had saved for me. It didn't tempt me. Several women didn't even finish their glasses, so it was no big deal that I didn't touch it. No one seemed to even notice.

Tomorrow I have a fundraiser to attend that is actually "mandatory" for - of all things - the non-profit, exercise group I recently signed up for (the group hosting the spinning classes I've been going to). It's really a neat organization. But - OF COURSE - they assigned me to pour the complimentary wine at the bar for the event. I thought about trying to get out of it . . . but as you can see - ALCOHOL IS EVERYWHERE in my life. I mean it everywhere. Everyday I'm getting more use to it. I'll just work the bar. At least that means I won't have to stand awkwardly about introducing myself to strangers - which would certainly make me want a drink much more.

Friday is the open bar board meeting I have once a month.

I'm just amazed at how many people AREN'T alcoholics now that I've taken a step back and looked at all these things.

Ug. So that's about it. I'm more concentrated on healing my gut than thinking of drinking.