View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wastedpotential

Originally Posted by RUL23 View Post
Not a doctor but I imagine alcohol is by the far the worst thing for our livers. For the time being, all I worry about it keeping that out of my body. The rest is white noise right now.
I've seen a study that alcoholics tend to die early whether they get sober or not. We start replacing alcohol with food mostly junk food and kill ourselves just as fast. AA meetings are a good example how many recovering alcoholics scarf down donuts with a pop or coffee with plenty of sugar as a chaser or show up with mcdonalds and a large coke then they all sit outside sucking down cigarettes. Its that mentality that well at least were not drinking so we snack on treats all day and eat processed sugar loaded crap for meals.

While I agree with the poster below you that getting sober is a priority and we can worry about the rest later. I think its not all white noise and we need major changes all around. My hope is eating right, exercising and getting plenty of sleep will help me feel better all around, making me not want to drink. Day 16 it seems to be working I feel awesome, haven't had any serious cravings and have already lost 7 pounds. I cut out excess sugar, salt and started eating more whole foods instead of processed crap while exercising a couple times a week. Just today I put up black out curtains in my bedroom to try and help with my sleep. As there is a street light right out front and my neighbors all like to leave exterior lights on, supposedly just a little bit of light can mess up your sleep.