View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Me71

Thought I posted an update. Since I last posted things have spiraled down quickly after I left my xabf. A little over a week ago my daughter ( our daughter) called him after not hearing from him for 2 weeks. She really got an ear full as of everything that's been happening with him. He was in his apartment telling her how he's been stressed and that's why he has not called her. He admitted to her that he messed up and he owes about $5000 to the drug dealers. Some of they live in his building like his next door neighbor that hangs in groups outside the building. He told her all this without talking about the drugs just that he messed up and owes them the money came the first of the month.

It also appears that he was letting people come in to his apartment and get high. My daughter heard him talking to people and he was not the person to want anyone in his house. He told her he didn't know what to do they want their money. She told him that he needed to talk to his caseworker and tell him he needed to transfer out of there ASAP. But how can he tell him that without a reason and the drug use? It would be suspect to the caseworker and he will be thrown out. Well he told her that the worker seen him at some point and told him he looked like ****. My daughter just kept asking him what he was going to do and he said he didn't know. And by the way he owed rent for a couple of months that he didn't pay.

The very next day we walked into his caseworkers office and told him what's been going on. I don't know if I posted in my first post he got the apartment through the shelter and they knew about his history with drugs so once he got the apartment he will have to go to treatment ( methodone) and stay clean. Well they made all the arrangements for him to go to a treatment program the very next day. First a 7 /day the 28/ day then a year one. He of course lost the apartment he had to turn in his keys and was suppose to take some things with him and they were going the following week to pick up his things with a truck and put them in storage that they will pay. He left with the clothes on his back. That's how bad it was they could not see him with bags because that would tip the drug dealers off.

He lasted in the program 4 days! He calls my daughter tells her he got kicked out for fighting! Ok so now he's homeless and on crack. He goes to his cousin house he puts him up for the weekend and calling around for another program. He now according to him in a shelter he didn't speak of a program with my daughter and she said he was talking not making sense but really about nothing like everything around him is fine. Just no cares. I'm still stuck on the part he lost his apartment all because of his choices. I'm not surprised because I knew this was coming at some point if he didn't do something about his addiction. It's just so much to take in. I feel like he wanted me gone so that he can get high and out of control. I'm worried about him now he's in the streets. He will leave the shelter go back and forth because he needs to get high and get high for days and the shelter has curfews. He has chosen this. He had came so far but this drug has it's grips on him. I pray for him, it's all I can do. I love him so much it's been hard for me.
I just thought I shared and at the same time it helped me get somethings out.

Lots of hugs