Thread: Overcoming past
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sadface

Overcoming past

Hello everyone, I will try to make this simple and short. My AH came over yesterday. I had not seen him for about 5 days. I got very upset with him last weekend, and refused his calls. He called my 14 year son the next day after my scene, and promised him he was quitting for good. So my AH calls my son every night and tells him AH has complete one more day of not driniking. When he came over yesterday, he was quite. We didn't talk because I didn't know what to say. I am tired of trying to get through to him and it doesn' t work. Finally, I asked him if he was so unhappy with me that I was the cause of his drinking. He stated, NO, there a lot of other things he has done that haunts him (his past). I asked, like what. He didn't want to talk but he did say, his mom, dad, childhood, and everything. I kind of suspected that was what bothered him. I realize I can not help him (except support), but what can I suggest for him to do to help himself. Or is this part of recovery? I told him he needs to face his demons and let go of it. And he stated it wasn't easy. I said, if he needed help he should reach out for it. Any suggestions.