View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HardLessons

Troubledone

I read all the additional information. It was an eye opener to me. Hopefully it was for you as well.

Id be very concerned as to whether or not she is clean from the meth, cocaine, & opioids. Those are not easy drugs to kick without serious help. From what you wrote, she has admitted to still taking other drugs. It does still sound like addiction & drug abuse problems.

Sleeping all day & up all hours of the night is a pattern I have seen with drug addiction problems.

Your Niece is 36 years old & by your description is no living in reality. But if you think about it, she doesn't have to live in reality because you are taking care of everything for her. Your making it very easy for her to continue in her self destructive life style. The life style of an addict.

At one time, not too long ago, I tried to provide a stable quality good life for my addict. In the end, in spite of going to great lengths to help her, All I did was seriously enable her. She got worse - much worse. It turned into a very bad situation for both her & I. I had very good intentions - I meant well - but it turned out badly.

Chances are you are not helping your Niece to get better. You need to examine that closely. I'm sure you already are trying to work through that now & that's why you are here.

Education concerning drug addiction is the key to your understanding.

I am sorry for your situation with your Niece. In my opinion she needs professional help. She needs sobriety & a long term plan for recovery . If she does not want recovery, then that's her choice for life. Please don't let her make that choice become your problem.

Thanks