# 238 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Fantastic dinner selection!!!!!
Thanks. It was enjoyed by all.

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Wimpy? No!

Smart? Yes!
I'm cutting myself some slack for now; soon, if all goes well, I'll be running regularly and will do so regardless of the weather.

Hint: that means I'm thinking of running a fall marathon. :-)

Today

Fridays are my dedicated rest day and I'm sticking with that protocol. Six days of exercise a week are enough. I needed some routine work done on one of my cars and out of nowhere the overweight service rep starts talking to me about exercising, eating properly, and how hard it is to maintain a modicum of decent health/fitness now that he's approaching 40. I've never met this person in my life and have no idea why he was talking to me about this topic, but I chimed in with some thoughts, especially how it doesn't become easier as the years go by. His comeback that it was easy for me was dashed on the proverbial rocks when I told him that I'm about to turn 60.

The kids won't be home for dinner; I'd prefer to stay home, but my wife may have other ideas. The fail/safe time for the beef we didn't have last night is tomorrow.

In other food news, at the request of the family I'm making another batch of beef jerky.