View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Hi (((Ann))) - so happy to see you here and still talking about recovery.

Normal people can trust their spouse! Normal people aren't trying to drug test their husband! How sick is that?? Normal people aren't hitting redial on the phone to see if he just called his dealer. And when the dealers number is the last number dialed, they don't even bother asking the addict. They already know the truth. Normal people accept reality and don't try too make sense out of nonsense (insanity)
Big welcome hugs to you too, Grasshopper. I know your story, I know your pain and how very hard you tried to instill the voice of reason to change an impossible unreasonable addiction.

The phone is a great tool for us codependents...or the devil's tool. I provided and paid for my adult son's phone so I could keep track of him though the bills and looking on the call log...where he was and who he called. How sick is that? When he "lost" aka "sold" his phone, I bought him a new one because I "needed" to be able to keep track of what he was doing.

Not only wasn't this normal, this was the crazy train and I was driving it down the Crazytown track. ME, not my son, ME. I was responsible for my crazy behaviour just like my son was responsible for his. What a hard, surprising lesson that was to learn.

Normal people take cooking classes. Abnormally normal people like me go to meetings and try to find their sanity again.

Perhaps that's a blessing, I never could bake!