Thread: My 2nd DUI
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Mistakes2

Originally Posted by ForestFrenzy View Post
You are already showing a lot of courage in facing this without drinking as an escape. It's hard enough to do when life is otherwise going great.

I remember my DUI the day after and I wanted to somehow just leave my own body. But wherever I went there I was.

You've accepted this happened and you've accepted your accountability for it. You are taking your lumps sober, too. Now you have to accept that this is going to take time and your attention and resolve to never let it happen again. The time part is easy - there is nothing you can do to rush it along. It's a process that will take as long as it's going to take, but now you take a lot of heart in knowing that so long as you stay sober, you will overcome this and you will be okay. You will be better than okay, because once you've fulfilled all recompenses and are still sober by the end of it, you will have that much time of sobriety under your belt and (please) paved out a plan to add many, many years to it.

Sadly, many people before you have earned multiple DUIs and come out of the nightmare wiser and sober.

Keep coming here - I wish I knew about it all those years ago when I had my DUI.

Hi,
I am still going through wanting to leave my own body because the guilt and shame hasn't left me and I just let my thoughts get the best of me. I am trying my best to turn my life around. Can't seem to stop thinking of the worst scenarios in my head.
Thank you for being positive, I wish I could be more like that. I missed a AA meeting last week but I will go this week. Baby steps I guess...