View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sleepyhollo

Babescake,
if you think this is such a bad forum why do you come here? It is meant for family and friends of alcoholics really. I know there are lots of recovering alcoholics that contribute to this particular forum and most of them have helpful input and acknowledge what they've put their families through. Maybe this isn't the place for you to be at this point and time unless you really want to learn about how it impacted your family and friends. You are fairly fresh into recovery and so you may not be quite understanding some of what we have gone through. Not a dig at you personally at all, I know my RAH after 3 months of rehab was just barely scratching the surface of that. Not even a week into him being home I told him I had my own stuff going on and he said (quite condescendingly i might add) "like what?" So I don't expect you to really get it yet, you have yourself to focus on at this point as you should be. But like Lisa pointed out you can't come in here and judge our feelings. And the truth of the matter is that most of our qualifiers have quit and relapsed several times in the past so until he or she has shown that they've changed and are staying clean for a good period of time, we are going to not be getting our hopes up by being super optimistic. We've been disappointed too many times in the past. It certainly doesn't become puppies and rainbows the minute the A has quit (even though many of us hoped it would be that way it is far from the truth for most).
I really wish you well in your recovery and I know you have a lot of stuff going on within your own family so I wish you the best with that. It sucks all around for everyone involved, that why this is such an ugly disease.