Old 02-13-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Jojopisces View Post
Ken,
I was looking for a more empathetic response. I have 2 therapists. Sexual assault is far from drama its trauma. I don't like when people make me out to be a drama queen. I recognize this is unhealthy so I cut the cord and woke up Nd smelled the coffee. Besides professional help as I see a ptsd therapist twice a week and a sexual assault therapist once a week. What can I do for myself as since k was a kid I put others before me. I'm self less individual and that's why I attract all walks of life sone good some bad. I will ask again besides professional hell going no contact will save my life correct and this person will not change correct? I'm first time poster I read other posts and everyone is so nice and empathetic. Can people please respond in an empathetic nature without me being dramatic. I didn't know in June it would go down like this. If I get mean responses I'll just delete this as its support as Ken you sound like my alcoholic bf who tells me I'm drama and that hurt. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all. Happy New Year
I understand your point but ... this is a forum where we try and help each other to abstain from alcohol. I can sympathise with your plight, your life sounds really terrible at the moment and I can't imagine what you are going through.

I have some experience getting sober and working with other alcoholics. Many of them have other issues to deal with and they use professional services or organisations qualified to do that. I just help with the staying sober part. I know that it is possible to get and stay sober regardless of what anyone else is doing or saying, and in terms of things like PTSD, therapy can be a lot more effective if one is sober.

I didn't pick up in your post that you suffer from alcoholism, apart from the fact that you may be suffering from someone elses alcoholism. If it was the case, I would say we can help you with that, but the other issues are things with which I have no experience and am unqualified to help you. If I tried, there is a good chance I would do more harm than good.

Maybe try the friends and families forum for some new ideas.