View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

I can see where things on this forum would be inappropriate for small children, but I'm not sure a small child would stumble across this site on their own.

Teenagers troubled by someones drinking very well might find their way here. I think if they can ask the questions they deserve the answers. They are exposed to far worse these days than what we discuss here.

My children are 19 and 24 so them reading here would not bother me in the least.

It also would not bother me if they figured out who I am because nothing I have ever said here has been untrue. They know their father and other family members have problems. They know I was a problem when they were tweens/young teenagers and I was a raging codie. They know at times they themselves have behaved in hurtful ways. Nothing about our life that they read here would come as a shock to them.

All that being said, I have occasionally read some things on here about certain types of behaviors and abuses that have made ME uncomfortable so I definitely see where that could be problematic when it comes to younger readers.

I think the good that absolutely gets done here far out weighs the negatives that could happen.