View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sleepyhollo

It would have never occurred to me that children would be reading this. Like someone said in the other thread, the children that might be reading this would probably be younger teens or older and if they are here they already are dealing with adult stuff. I think what was in the other thread was nothing compared to what children have access to ( and do access) on the internet and YouTube honestly. This is site with adult topics and I don't think there has been anything here that has really been inappropriate (since I have been on here) and unrelated to what this forum is about. These are issues we are dealing with and should be able to discuss. I think most of us feel like this site is intended for adults and not necessarily for kids despite the "family and friends of alcoholics" label. I don't think you can avoid having kids looking at this just like you can't avoid having them look at all the other stuff that is so much worse on the internet. But if they are here then they obviously are already dealing with very adult stuff. I am sure kids see much worse then what is discussed here.