Old 02-10-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Chase01

Hi friends.

JC-NY, that relapse ladder is amazing. That one is definitely getting printed out for many further readings. Like others have said sometimes I seem to go straight from rung 1 to relapse or from the ground to rung five to relapse. It doesn't matter the sequence, as long as we find our way back to the ground, without getting to the top (relapse).

Numblady, so sorry about your father-in-law. I hope you are able to handle all of it. Take those little victories, like dealing with the sick kid, and store that memory, like we store away the "good" memories of drinking. Let these new victories and memories displace those old ones. We would all love it if you stayed longer than 100 days. I stand behind what Dee said. I used to confuse being able to remain abstinent, for periods, with being in control over my drinking. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Sunflower79, I hope your husband can see the benefits of a sober lifestyle. Be that shining example for him. Lead from the front and by your actions. Always know that if you can't get support at home you have an unlimited amount here.

Ubntubnt, that is a tough situation you are going into. I would have a plan, a backup plan, and a backup to the backup. Make sure you have outs. If it gets too hard have a list of excuses to get you out of the room, even if it is just for a few minutes. I would also have a list of excuses as to why you can't drink, such as my doctor said I can't because_______ or until________. If you tell people you can't, not just that you aren't it changes the dynamic.

Everyone else, keep up the great work and have a wonderful weekend.