Thread: Falling Apart
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SoberCAH

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
Thanks Gottalife. I do believe there are big book study meetings, I’ll have to plan to attend.

I did finally get my insurance (out of luck I think!) active. I was terrified to call the dr office this am to schedule an appt, but I’m glad I did, because the first available appt is 3/16. But I’m sure they’re taking sooner appt for sick people, and I didn’t feel It necessary to ask to be seen sooner for a “sick” appt. The flu has been awful around here.

I feel like things are looking up. I’m trying to stay busy with our business, planning things for a little one to do, keeping up the house.

When I wrote the original thread, I was stuck in feelings of melancholy. I tend to do that from time to time. I get “stuck” in those feelings for 24-48 hours and basically wallow in self pity. Maybe something I should bring up to my dr next week. But I don’t want to be out on meds. So maybe I’ll do some research on holistic remedies. I know alcohol can screw up hormones.
This sounds like great progress, Jillian, particularly your willingness to revisit AA and its literature.

I couldn't stand the BB and I hated the 12 and 12 for a good while.

They require a lot of study and then their wisdom begins to sink in (at least that was the case with me).

I now read them several times a week.

I agree with Gotta on all of his points, especially about working the 12 steps being the essence of the AA program and the key to a new and better life.

SR is a lot like AA in that we only want you to not drink, for you to get better and for you to keep coming back.

We don't want your money, loyalty oaths, etc.

I appreciate the honesty you have displayed in your first painful posts.

You seem to have improved already.

In recovery, life doesn't get better - we get better.

So we are able to handle the challenging times better.

Welcome.