Old 02-05-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Hangnbyathread

Like most before me have stated. It's just a matter of time before it catches up with them and all around them. I don't know that the timeline is the same, but the progression is a constant as long as they drink.

My ex had a GREAT front. Fooled me for awhile as well. I had never been around a HF alcoholic. Its part of my answer when asked how could I go so long and not know. They hide it well for as long as possible. If your ignorant they can play you longer.

In the time I was with my ex, she lost 3 jobs. Jobs where she was in the Top 5% in the country at what she did. As much as she tried to hide the drinking, it inevitably was the root of her problems, including the job losses. But she would throw anyone under the bus she could to avoid the termination being written as anything but drinking.

What they protect the most will be the last things to fall away. And usually that will be put ahead of families, friends and people. They are all expendable. In mines case, she always was well thought of professionally, until as they say, they aren't.