View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Got keys. Checked elec. on.
Idiot elec company call me with one minute till closing time- because they did the exact opposite of what they should have done..as I set out from them in a very carefully worded email a week ago.
Looking forward to move, but sad as it really is a door closing. ?Final nail in the coffin - with family contact, 18 months in recovery plus a lot of other ties and networks I have worked at over last 2 years. Also Wed nights for 18 months, my sponsor would pick me up to go to an evening meeting. No more. Too far to drive now.
One nivce thing today. I have sent thanks to everyone who helped me these last 2.5 years. The young lady who first connected with me (community health counselor/coordinator of services for loonies like me with no home)- she transported me and all my stuff (not much then) from the hell hole I was living in- to the recovery program. On her day off be-c she was very worried at how I was being exploited. She left her parents in town to do it. Well- she has moved on, but I sent an email to her old workplace and asked them to relay a message of thanks. They did, and apparently she was so emotional, she started crying. They also asked my permission to show off my message, as a morale booster for staff.