Thread: Falling Apart
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TheToddman

This was me basically about seven months ago--right before I decided to go to rehab. I was seriously broken. No job, away from my family w/broken marriage and couldn't get or stay sober. Things do change, as change is the only constant.

Hang in there Jillian, and awesome job maintaining sobriety. Do you have a support group close by? That is, being with others that can relate to what you've dealt with and who can help you implement a plan to overcome adversity can stay the course. Things this past week were just about downright horrible more me as well. Prior to the middle of last year I would've gone on a bender to address my anxiety and frustration. Drink may seem like a temporary fix but always in my experience intensifies the anguish.

I don't have specific recommendations to speak to your situations (other than filing for public assistance on the health insurance front) but can say that you should stay connected here and reach out on that end. Being with other sober folks will continue to inspire and even challenge you for the better.

Best,

T.