Old 02-04-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
wayforward

Day 9 begins. Some thoughts:

-Skin is looking better. I've been making an effort to drink more water to combat whatever dehydrating effect caffeine may have.
-I have to admit that I feel strange. I've made it to day 9 in the past without this feeling, but I also had my relationship and my job to keep me feeling normal. This time I have neither of those. It's a lot of newness to deal with, a lot of change at once. At the same time, I can't say I haven't felt this feeling before. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's like a pang, but it's not necessarily sadness. It can feel like sadness, but it's almost like a nostalgia combined with a horizon. I feel almost childlike, like I've been thrown into an alien planet with none of my old safeguards in place. It feels like a lot depends on me handling things in the right way. Sticking to my goals, changing this ship around. And it's true...I just wish the path didn't feel so lonely. It's only been 9 days and it feels longer. I can foresee my resolve weakening if I don't develop some strategies to keep myself feeling fresh.

Two new jobs tomorrow. One is remote, the other is on the field (the one I've been training for). It will be my first time splitting up my income into two jobs. I purposely did this, since I wanted to see what life with a little more freedom was like. It's so strange how much has changed in a month.

But change is nothing to run from. I'll keep my head up and navigate this labyrinth of life with grace.