Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nonnie6

So shocked at the damage an alcoholic can do....

I've posted on here a few times about my 32 year old, alcoholic/substance abusing son...but it seems that everyday, I hurt more over his addiction. I had to make him leave my home about a month ago because he had very badly, verbally attacked his 19 year old sister. He has done the same to me many times, but the impact it had on his little sister was just something I couldn't deal with... Since then he has been spreading lies about me and my husband and his baby sister!! I have 4 children and at this point the only one that will still talk to him is my oldest daughter...his older sister by 2 years who is the mother of my only 2 grand babies. She has been so judgmental of me and how I have dealt with my son over the years...even though she has refused help in anyway... up until I made him leave. Now she will communicate with him...only. She refuses to see him or let him stay with her but she continues to seem to judge me??? I am so hurt and confused!! I gave my kids my life!! They were my life!! I married a very good childhood friend of mine 2 years ago...he has been very nice to all of my family. My son seems to hate that I am happy?? I can look back now and see the destruction his addiction caused me and that YES!! He had a lot to do with this being my 3rd marriage.... I guess if I hadn't known my husband for so long, and that he has always been a good friend to me...my son would still be able to manipulate what I feel and I would probably have another divorce....because he has talked him down from day one. I thank God for my husband...he is kind and a good person!! He has been nothing but kind to my son even while he was spreading lies about him... until he verbally attacked and came close to physically attacking me and his younger sister. Then my husband did lay it on the line with him and told him he could not come to our home anymore until he had sobered up for 90 days and showed us that he cared and apologized to me and his sister.
Then I find out my son is now out saying my husband is an alcoholic and drug addict and bad!! It is not true!! He is a good man...but my oldest daughter...now...will not let me see my grand children alone...only supervised visitation with her or her husband and then it is short and just so very weird!! I am hurt beyond hurt!! I feel like my spirit has been crushed!! I feel like my son is trying to break up my marriage and hurt his younger sister also so that she will move out. He has become someone that I truly do not know and I don't like this person!! His addiction has absolutely touched every area of my life!! I can't do it anymore...as much as it hurts to be estranged from him and to not be able to spend time with my grandchildren, because of his lies and manipulation...I have to go on!! I am so angry!! I can't believe how cruel and horrible addiction is!! I can't believe my oldest daughter would actually believe his lies and keep my grandchildren from me!! They are 9 and 11 and up until my son's lies...after I made him leave my home...I could see them anytime!! My grandchildren are confused and hurt as to why they can't spend time with me and so am I!! I feel like this is cruel and horrible punishment for trying to do all I could possibly do for my son over the past 9 years!! I have been through hell and back with him and now that I find some sort of happiness he wants to ruin it!! Addicts are so incredibly selfish and mean!! I know it isn't my son...it is the addiction but WOW!! This one hurts!!!