Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Welcome to SR Mamakazi!!

I could have written your same post two years ago, except add one pregnancy since I have three kids. I so badly wanted to stop drinking, but kept getting stuck in the cycle of attempting to moderate my drinking. I found this site in 2012, and had a few periods of sobriety, and then on NYE 2015 I made s statement to myself just like you did last night, and I haven't had a sip of alcohol since.

The thing I did differently that next day was I came up with a recovery plan that worked for me. SR was s big part of that plan. I logged on here daily, and those first few days spent a lot of time on here. I also read lots of books about recovery, journaled, went for walks, yoga, and the most important thing was I took alcohol completely off the table. No matter how bad, good, stressful, the day alcohol was never an option to be my temporary band-aid.

There are lots of great resources on this site. The February Class of 2018 is a great place to check into. You will meet others who are in the same place on their sobriety journey as you, and they will be a great source of support. Another great place is the 24 hour thread. You can check in each day and commit to the next 24 hours of sobriety.

Here is a link to help you get sterted with s recovery plan:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

You can do this!!!