Old 01-29-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wayforward

The day is nearing its end. As predicted, I'm sticking to everything I've planned, but in the interest of learning something about why I've failed in the past, I will try to be honest about all of my feelings.

Although I feel good now, I've had some negative thoughts earlier. Nothing that made me want to drink, but I wonder if these little negative thoughts don't eventually pile up into what becomes the "fukk it" moment leading to drinking. I notice that when the negative thoughts come, I treat them with more importance, as if negative thoughts are always more true. But if I do a simple analysis, it is the positive thinking that leads to my successes in life, the growth in my abilities. Negative thoughts only drain my enthusiasm. If I'm going to stay on this track successfully, I have to explore these thoughts more carefully. For now, I will vigilantly dismiss them. When I've got more sobriety and success under my belt, I will be in a better position to consider them without dismissing then. If they're even still there